Well, I just spent the weekend (Friday afternoon included) at my Mom's. It was fun and low key. I made Pacific Rim Salmon for Friday night's dinner. I found the recipe in the new "Taste of Home" magazine. We also had cucumber's, tomatoes & onions in a sauce (the cuke's & tomato's were from my own garden) and we had sliced potatoes & onions in foil made on the grill. Yum. We also had smore's for dessert. Saturday was a day for rummage sales. Sometimes I cannot believe what people try to sell. I purchased a lazy susan and a garden hose reel. I need a hose reel for the side of my house by the driveway. We went to Perkins for lunch on Saturday and Mom made dinner Saturday night. Here was the menu: Lettuce salad with hot bacon dressing, slipper lobster which was breaded and deep fried (with butter on the side), corn on the cob (with butter of course) and dessert was a trip to Culver's at 9:45pm. Needless to say, my Sunday morning was not fun because I did not feel good. But I'm a good girl so we went to my Mom's church (catholic) and then out to breakfast at Schloegels. If you have ever been to Schloegel's in Menominee you know what is on their menu. Let's just say that my stomach did not get a repreive. My Dad use to work there back in the 1990's so I've been there alot. I left Mom at about 12:30pm and made my way home to quite a few surprises. I'll write about those later.
Hope you had a great weekend and I'll write again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment