Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Not a Dog World

One of our congressmen is trying to get a law passed that will allow dogs into our city parks. I can't help but wonder why they aren't allowed in the first place. People are saying that it's the bad ownership ie. people who don't clean up after their dogs.

I have a difficult time with children in parks. My problem with sharing the park with children is really not with the children at all but their parents who lack the ability to discipline their charges. Many times I have gone to a park and have had my quiet time interrupted by screaming children. And where are the parents? Good question. They are right there within ear shot and ignoring their children. Please do not think that I dislike children because I like children. My problem is with their parents.

These same parents are the ones who don't want dogs in their park because of the mess they may leave behind. Here's what I propose: Let's have parks where children are not allowed and parks where dogs are not allowed. I think the parks where dogs are allowed will be full of happy people and the parks where children are allowed will be full of screaming kids and frazzled parents.

Here's the gist of what I'm saying, I would rather put up with crap than put up with screaming.

No comments: