Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vegetarian or not

I’m going to become a vegetarian again. I was a modified vegetarian back in high school which was twenty some years ago. Back then I mostly ate Doritos and Dr. Pepper which led to weight gain. Something I forgot to eat while being a vegetarian . . . vegetables! Back then I could take or leave veggies but now, being older and wiser (ha), I really like veggies and there’s really no vegetable that I don’t like. Okay, when pressed, I don’t particularly care for peas or creamed corn (we had this a lot when I was growing up). Isn’t it funny how our childhood plays a big part in what we eat now as adults?

Someone asked why I wanted to be a vegetarian. My reason is not to be healthy although that’s a good reason. I take the highway to work everyday and on most mornings I see a cattle truck which is taking cows to slaughter and I cry every single time I see one of those trucks. Yeah, maybe I’m weak hearted but I think I’m more sentimental.

BTW: My next blog is going to be about swearing. I’m working out the details but it will be up faster than this entry. Please note that the entry won’t be for the faint of heart because there’s going to be a lot of F bombs.

Take care.

No comments: